Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reworked

acrylic  small 9 x 12 inches
Funny how a couple of years make.( I didn't realize just how much I have learned!) I dug an old painting out and thought I'd revamp it. What a huge difference...I even changed the slant of the slope! I pushed back the mountains, gave a lead in through the trees, added a little fog for atmosphere, got rid of the sharp geometric angles, made a clearer focal area and generally softened the look....much better!
Below is another reworked painting.


2 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Wow! What a switch! You certainly have continued to move forward. And it's great when you can see such dramatic proof. All that work pays off : ) And yes, The Group of Seven Sigh.

Verna Vogel said...

Lovely! Yes, it is amazing what you can learn in a couple of years without really realizing it. I love getting little glimpses like that. Thanks for posting.
:)
V