Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Finished Paintings from Swinton's Demo


I have now completed the three paintings I was working on during my Demo at Swinton's Art Supplies.  I promised I would post them on my blog so here it goes:


 Demo 1









Wanting to show my palette knife techniques, I chose a 16 x 40 canvas, a reference photo, and a completed painting I had done a few days earlier of a creek scene in Banff. I got as far as I could and had to let the paint dry before adding the foreground in my studio.


Demo 2










I had half completed this painting at home and I still needed to show how I did the foreground trees. I refined them in the studio. ( acrylic 15 x 30)


Demo 3
















I had under an hour to paint a mountain scene from scratch. I wasn't prepared with a reference photo so luckily I had my I Pad with me and used a painting I had done a few months ago. I spent more time refining this then I did at the demo and, I was afraid I was going to lose the freshness. Acrylic 20 x 24)

No comments: