Thursday, May 14, 2015

Art Room In The Castle












Hobbling around getting ready for my Artists in Residency at the beautiful Banff Springs. Not sure how much hiking or standing I'll be able to do with my knees acting up, so I may have to bring watercolors and pastels, but I'm pretty excited. Mountain Galleries has acquired, courtesy of the hotel, a new 'art room' to enhance the residency program. This studio space is large enough for three artists to work, it's well lit, in a great location, has a great view, and lots of walls for displaying art. Any artist from the Mountain Galleries roster, was able  book a week or two and it's pretty much full all summer long. Checkout some of the fabulous artists participating this summer! Artist In Residency List. Guests of the hotel, can also enjoy this experience and are invited to book a half day to work under the mentorship of a professional artist, with art supplies provided. I will upload pictures next week while I'm Queen of The Castle.

'Only When I Dream', acrylic 24 x 48, will be one of the many paintings displayed in the art room. I look forward to seeing you if you happen to be in the area May 18-23rd. My reception will take place May 23rd from 2-5, so come join me for a glass of bubbly and some snacks.

No comments: