Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Calgary Stampede Western Showcase

No paintings finished yet. It's a very busy time for me at the moment. I'm going to the 'Stir-up' tonight at the Calgary Stampede where I have 5 of my paintings are on display at the art gallery and art auction. Tonight is a pre-viewing for buyers and collectors and 80% of the sales are done at this time. Over 2 thousand people attended last year. This is my first time participating and saying I'm excited is an understatement!I also have a opening at Art Central on Thurs where many of my paintings are featured and an opening in Okotoks on Friday for the Federation Of Canadian Artists, where I have 3 paintings juried in. The live art auction is on the 9th and having never been to one, I'm sooooo looking forward to that. You can checkout all the artists and such here http://www.westernshowcase.com/ Wish me luck and I promise....more paintings to come

1 comment:

Diana Marshall said...

Congratulations I hope you will be successful in your shows, how exciting for you.