Thursday, June 30, 2011

What A Difference a Day Makes

 
( after some studio adjustments...still needs more )
acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24 in

I attempted three plein air paintings in the past few days and this one was the best of the bunch, although  they all need some studio work. I wanted to paint the same location at Lloyd Park as another painting I had done, only larger. The scene was completely different! The colors were cooler, the weather was hot and there was a ton of green.My acrylics did not react well in these elements! Might be tempted to try oils for this plein air stuff! It was sure nice to get out of my basement studio though, and take advantage of the beautiful weather and soak up some vitamin D.

Back in my studio I'm working on my largest canvas to date and should have it finished shortly.

No comments: