Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Plein Air break























I did manage to get out for a few hours to do some plein air painting ( albeit unsuccessfully!). Our intent was Elbow Falls, but it was closed due to bear sightings so ended up near Allen Bill. It was nice to get out from my basement studio to enjoy some beautiful weather, even if I didn't produce anything worth keeping. I had some great painting companions! Sharon Lynn Williams  Ingrid Christensen  Cheryl Quist and Jan Chalupnicek.

This is a photo I took of Ingrid and I knew immediately I wanted to paint her. I did attempt it, but will have to put it on the back burner and finish it when my show is over and I can concentrate on a more loose, wet on wet technique .

I enjoyed the break and hope they will invite me back when I can spend the whole day and be in a more relaxed state of mind. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Karen Werner said...

What a fantastic shot! Great reference for a future painting. Thanks for sharing about your plein air experience.