Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Diptych
























I've completed my first ever diptych. A large one at that. Total 40 inches by 60 inches. This is a mixed media piece as I used tissue paper initially to lay down some texture. I'm not sure if I should call it 'Mixed Media' or 'Acrylic and Tissue Paper'. They work together or separately... hopefully they will be bought by the same client and he can decide how far apart or close  he wants them.

A note about the title: 'A Groovy Kind Of Love' was playing in the background while painting this piece. 'When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do is..." part of the lyrics seemed a very fitting title. It's very unusal for me to have a painting named before it's even finished.

No photo reference was used for this painting, I took my clues from past work.



No comments: