Thursday, November 1, 2012

High Meadow




acrylic 40 x 40 inches
I like the perspective of this one. Although I painted mostly on the edge of the Purcell's looking at the Selkirk's, I enjoyed walking through the meadows by the Purcell Mountain Lodge. I used a really large 6 inch ( rounded top ) palette knife for most of the foreground. Paint's still wet on this one so I'll probably do some touch ups before signing my name. ( actually, now that I've posted it ,I can see my back and middle ground are the same size and my painting can almost be divided in half. It doesn't bother me too much but I should be able to fix it)

revised:











I like this much better now. With just a few strokes,I opened up the middle to allow the viewer a way in and around the painting. With no distinct division between middle and foreground, it makes for a much better composistion.



No comments: