Monday, February 25, 2013

Light Along Echo Creek


















acrylic 24 x 24

My first piece painted at the Fairmont Banff Springs residency,in conjunction with Mountain Galleries. Monday I painted in the extra display area close to the gallery and had real good traffic flow and a lot of questions. ( I sold a painting that day)

 Having never stayed at the hotel,it was an incredible  experience, and I felt quite special. I managed to get lost several times, with all the staircases,stone walls,halls and entries, it really was like a maze.It was fun to explore. It was nice to try the different restaurants...my favorite being the Italian 'Castello'. Although they were all so good! So much for the diet.

The spa was one of the biggest surprises for me. I didn't realize how huge it was! Two levels containing three waterfall pools,large mineral pool, inside and an outside hot tubs,steam and sauna rooms and private treatment rooms. A unisex lounge with wonderful views and comfy couches and loungers.Magazines,flavored water, snacks and a food menu. A woman's only lounge,hair salon and make-up/accessories shop. And of course the men's and ladies huge change/shower/locker rooms with robes and slippers and all the spa quality shampoos/conditioners and gels.

My room was awesome! You walk in to a small foyer with closet,ahead is the living room area with a computer area,couch and chairs,fireplace, TV and two large windows both with incredible views. To the right was a large bathroom with two sinks. Just beyond was the bedroom, with two queens,dresser, TV and another large window with another breathtaking view. It was real nice having two rooms and not feeling like you were living in your bedroom.














This is what I woke up to each morning.First one is the view from the living room and then the view of Rundle from the bedroom.

No comments: