Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Untitled Tangle Falls

























acrylic 24 x 24

There was a Friday night reception, an art talk/tour by the hotel historian, a Mountain Gallery presentation/slide show and a demo for the guests who signed up for the spa/art package during my stay as the artist in residence.

I did a short demonstration of the techniques I use for my animals, and then started a demo of Tangle Falls. I usually start my paintings with the palette knife in a very loose,painterly and abstract way,before I start to refine and add detail. The guests had a hard time seeing where I was going until, I rushed the demo a little, and added some lights of the waterfall. I promised I would post the final painting on my blog without naming it. The guests wanted to have that privilege. Below is where I ended my demo.

No comments: