Monday, March 10, 2014

Jasper

















I had a wonderful weekend in jasper apart from the treacherous highway conditions. Traveling with three other artist companions, we made the correct decision to take the bus from Banff to Jasper. The weather made for some interesting photo ops. We enjoyed some painting time in Mountain Gallery owner Wendy Wacko's studio and I managed to complete a 36 x 48 canvas she wanted me to paint. It was from her photo of Cameron Falls, which I have never seen. painting someone else's photo can be tricky if you don't feel the passion. But in this case I love painting waterfalls and just imagine myself there. ( it's not the best photo though )

We also took time to enjoy the Jasper Rotary Clubs' Formal Masquerade Ball. It was nice to let loose and enjoy each others company.


No comments: