Monday, October 6, 2014

Autumn Tranquility



Acrylic 36 x 24
This painting was both challenging and fun to do. Like most of my painting when I'm unsure about my initial approach,  I push away my fear and bulldoze ahead, applying paint and covering the canvas very quickly. This time however I stopped half way through, feeling that it needed something more. I laid the canvas flat and proceeded to add pouring medium in bottles of various colors and tar gel creating more texture. when dry I scumbled various transparent and opaque  colors. At this point I knew I would be doing a lot of negative painting, but I was fine with that, after working so feverishly it would be nice to slow down and relax. It's hard to see all the texture in the image. ( and for some strange reason, it won't let me change the image file...the blue is way too saturated).  I have included my reference photos taken near Bragg Creek.



No comments: