Thursday, January 6, 2011

Along The Ledge























acrylic 36x36
I started a painting a few months back ( intending it for the ASA New Members show) that was probably too ambitious for me but tackled it anyway....it went horribly wrong. I tried to salvage it ( taking out, adding, painting over and changing colors) . There are a lot of aspects I love about this painting, but I'm thinking there are a million things wrong with it. The biggest problem I think is that it's way too busy and I don't know how to simplify it. I have TONS of texture , so I can't just paint over an area. I just can't pinpoint it! And it doesn't photograph right either...it's a lot more intense. Frustrating! Oh well, not every painting can be a masterpiece, lol.  I'll live with it for awhile and see what comes of it..

1 comment:

Nancy Goldman said...

Linda, I was so surprised to read your commentary because I LOVE this painting. I don't think it has too much detail at all. The glow you've achieved and sense of aerial perspective are wonderful. I think this is one of my favorites of your paintings. Leave it alone, it is finished!
It's so funny how we perceive our own work compared to how others see it. I get some of my most positive comments about paintings that I have cringed while posting because I think they're so horrible. That adage about "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is so true.