Tuesday, November 5, 2013

In The Midst Of Red




'In The Midst Of Red'. large acrylic 36 x 60.

I took a small break and now I want to do a little experimenting. I watched a video of Ontario artist Linda Kemp ( love her work ) and was quite intrigued with her method. I wanted to try and incorporate some of her techniques into my work and see what would transpire.

I used an older painting of horses, which I had hanging my wall for a number of years and the family was getting tired of. I also had promised my daughter a large painting for her home and seeing as she prefers more abstracted work I thought this would work.  With no commitments in mind, and fully intending on playing outside my box...I took a large brush, some white gesso and slathered it over the horses muzzle.

I had no idea how this was going to turn out, but I did have a reference photo I was somewhat following. I still think it is recognizable as my work and I'll play with it some more, but...the gallery may get this one after all. 


No comments: