Friday, November 8, 2013

Winter Palette


















While drinking my morning tea and browsing the internet, I made my decision on what I was going to paint this morning. But as usual I changed my mind...again. An artists' and womans' prerogative I suppose. Most times I don't make up my mind until I actually have the canvas in front of me and even then, sometimes I'll change it up half way through. This morning I happened across work by Tibor Nagy, one of my favorite artists and it jogged my memory of another artist I hadn't visited for awhile ....Lynn Boggess. ( link ) His website was not updated and I wondered what work he had produced in the last 5 years, so I visited all his galleries. I am so greatly inspired by his work and how he welds his palette knife. One of these days I will get brave enough to try oils...so buttery and luscious. This piece I briskly did this morning, was inspired by him. 'Winter Jumble' acrylic 20 x 24 inches

No comments: