Monday, September 14, 2015

Abstract Figure




















Acrylic on Paper, 30 x 22 inches.

I just finished an abstracted figurative workshop with the amazing Brian Smith ( web site ). Brian is a very considerate and knowledgeable instructor, and his teaching skills are superb! I would highly recommend him.

I needed a little break from my landscapes and have been wanting to explore some figurative work for quite some time. I found this workshop very refreshing and confirmed my desire to venture deeper into this genre. I loved working with a live model! So much to learn and so excited to get started. I just have to figure out how to manage my time and my creative brain: maybe one week landscape...one week figure. Discipline, Organization and Passion!

Here are the results of a few of the exercises from the workshop. I won't go into any details of the exercises...you'll just have to take one of his classes to find out.


 









1 comment:

Sharon Lynn Williams Fine Art said...

great drawings and paintings Linda! I am hoping to take Brian's workshop with the FCA this fall. I just LOVE his work. Good to know he is a great teacher also.