Friday, September 18, 2015

Live Model Painting part two






















Calgary Figure Drawing group hosted a 3 hour long live model session. What a treat to have only one pose all night! I definitely will attend this one on Thursdays regularly. Check out their Facebook group page if you are interested. Link. I did a reference sketch first in case I needed to do some touch ups in my studio. Now that I see it online, I realize I was a little tighter than I would have liked.

Don't worry, I'm not going to show every little sketch and painting I do. This will be it for awhile. It's just exciting to venture into this new subject matter and try out various techniques. I hope to develop a quality body of figurative work over the next year or so.

I still love my landscapes though and will be switching back and forth.

Below is a detail of the painting ( click to see larger )



No comments: