Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Revelation






















acrylic 9x 12
I know it's not quite finished ( I see some things that need fixing), but I literally painted this in less than an hour, and I got so excited! This was a canvas with failed photo transfer on it, and decided to paint over it and experiment. The surface is much smoother and using interactives, I was able to blend and achieve more of the effects I wanted. So...to achieve the look and feel I need with my acrylics using my palette knife, I need a  smooth surface! Duh! Not much of a revelation, I know, but it's as if a light bulb went off and now I'm itching to do more street scenes.

I'm going To Whistler and Vancouver in a week and hoping to take some great photo shots.if it's raining...even better! Jim Vest from Mountain Galleries just had a show in Whistler and I was very inspired by his street scenes. Take a look.Link

3 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Linda, you were right in the ZONE. I love this painting!

Roberta said...

I have really been enjoying your blog and your painting adventures; as well as the beautiful results.

Jody Regan said...

Great energy, excitement, silhouettes. Wondering if the subject matter and its immediacy helped you paint it in an hour?